Mission of the Circuit Clerk's Office
The Champaign County Circuit Clerk's office supports our Court System by providing services to both the public and to Courthouse Officials.
PUBLIC SERVICES INCLUDE:
* A clearinghouse to direct courthouse users to available and helpful resources, including online information about basic courthouse services and resources
* Assistance to people seeking expungement of criminal records
* Assistance to the Courts and other courthouse offices in transitioning to fully electronic records
* Assistance with examination and copying of court records available to the public
* Assistance with applications for, or renewal of, passports
* Providing standard form documents for public and court use
OFFICIAL COURTHOUSE SERVICES INCLUDE:
* Assistance in the transition to fully electronic courtrooms
* Collection and disbursement of fines and court costs
* Preparation of records in a timely and accurate fashion for court proceedings and appeals
* Collection of child support payments and trust monies as directed by the courts.