The Circuit Clerk's office is an integral part of the Courthouse team. For many people, the Clerk's office is their first contact with the Court system. Courts are now embracing technology in unprecedented ways, from the use of electronic filing and record keeping to the advancement of self-help and consumer friendly support programs. There is truly 21st century innovation happening in our court system, and I look forward to being a part of the team leading Champaign County in those efforts.
Specific services for the Public include:
1. Provide assistance with the examination and copying of court records available to the public.
2. Assist people seeking expungement of criminal records.
3. Assist in the applications for or renewal of passports.
4. Provide standard form documents for public and court use.
5. Provide links and information about basic courthouse resources and services.
Specific services for Courthouse Officials include:
1. Collect and disburse fines and court costs.
2. Prepare records in a timely and accurate fashion for appeals
3. Collect child support payments and trust monies as directed by the courts.